SC - ...period quote about beets+ Nominalism

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Tue Oct 26 01:32:48 PDT 1999

cclark at vicon.net wrote:

> Stop, please! I'm getting split hairs all over my head!

Sorry ;-) Won't it look fuller that way?

> You wouldn't have any such problem; slugs have no hair.

Actually, they do. They're very small, and are hidden by the slime, but
they act as guard hairs and help hold the slime on the body, rather like
our hair holds body oils on our skin, to protect the surface.

> So - to get back on topic, what's a period way to split a hare?

The _Boke of Kervynge_ (Wynkyn de Worde) says to "vnlace that cony".

(Why that hare is wearing a corset is beyond me...)

Or you could split it thus- I'll eat the nice parts, you get what's
left...

:-)

'Lainie