SC - Re: Don't crush that dwarf, etc.

Tue Oct 26 07:02:40 PDT 1999

> ** I do want to mention, however, I am from the generation of children who
> wore dog tags
> with their names and other vital information engraved upon them to grade
> school each and
> every day.  We were told this was so our parents could identify us in the
> event of a
> nuclear attack.  Oh how I long for those days of  the nuclear bomb drills
> of my youth.
>
> Dee/Isabella

Fascinating, I've got dogtags, but they were to identify me as a U.S.
Military dependent in case I got lost in Germany.  Of course at the time, I
hardly spoke German or English.  Since most of the time I was living on or
near first strike targets, we didn't worry much about drills or identifying
the bodies.  The only drill I remember was an experimental evacuation of
Elmendorf AFB, when it was determined lots of slow moving cars couldn't
outrun bombers, much less ICBMs.

Bear