SC - Recipe 3-Weelend of Wisdom

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Tue Oct 26 15:31:55 PDT 1999

SALT CELLARS
Copyright 1999 L. J. Spencer, Jr.
(Although the frozen bread dough is obviously not period, references to
purchasing pre-made dough in the Middle Ages do exist. The idea for these
salt cellars comes from either Du Fait de Cuisine or Le Menagier, IIRC. I
thought it a neat idea so I wrote it down early in the feast planning stage
and lost the reference before I was finished. Perhaps someone on the list
could provide the specific reference. The reference referred to the
purchasing of rolls for salt cellars).
Serves 12 tables of 8.

12 frozen Bread rolls
Salt

Bake according to instructions. Cut top from rolls. Hollow out rolls being
careful not to break through the crust. Allow shell to dry completely. Fill
with salt. Insert banner in each salt cellar.

Ras