SC - Recipes 5 & 6

James F. Johnson seumas at mind.net
Thu Oct 28 11:33:54 PDT 1999

> << IMHO _far_ too many people never consider the origins of meat past the
>  styrofoam and plastic wrap.  I'm ranting.  I'll stop.
>   >>

An OOP, but reenactment anecdote: My elder brother in Virginia plays in the
various early American reenactment groups up to and including the fur
trade/mountain men era. At one rendezvous, they had penned up next to the camp
several chickens and rabbits. A rather naive mundane visitor commented on the
cute bunnies and how they even brought their pets with them. The polite reply
was "No ma'am, they's our supper tonight." Yes, she was shocked and horrified.

Seumas
who in his mundane life has killed, slaughtered, fed out, and cleaned up remains
of animals at a zoo.