SC - Italian Cuisine

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 05:16:00 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/1/99 7:05:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< tracta >>
 that is the beast. off hand, it's used for thickening and for dishes that
pile layers and rolled layers in a dish called "placenta". Ilaria Giancosa
has an excellent redaction, it is very complex and requires two types of
doughs, one being the tracta or sheets. ie "tracta  singula in totum......."

I'll post the whole thing if people need it. But it won't be until Sunday.
Tomorrow is "D" day for me on this whole Roman-Medieval thing.

I had expected to recieve a Spanish recipe from someone off list, but they
still can't find it. Does anyone have a recollection of a soup/sauce recipe
in 14C or 15C Spain  including almonds, grapes ,oil,garlic,  salt, water? I
have located some sauce recipes in Maestro Martino's manuscript (this is
Italian?), but I was told that the recipe in question was Spanish and it
included all of the above ingredients. The Italian sauce omits the olive oil
but does use broth as a medium, could this be the substitue for oil?

Any thoughts?

Hauviette