SC - Re: Need Help with Compost

RuddR at aol.com RuddR at aol.com
Sat Oct 2 16:16:43 PDT 1999

Kerri Canepa asks:

<Anyone want to take a guess on Greek wine and Lombard mustard?

I have adapted this the easy way; instead of grinding my own mustard seed,
etc., I start with commercial mustard already made with wine and vinegar, and
thin it with honey and wine:

LUMBARD MUSTARD

Take mustard seed and waisshe it, & drye it in an ovene.  Grynde it drye;
sarse it thurgh a sarse.  Clarifie hony with wyne & vyneger & stere it wel
togedre and make it thikke ynow\; & whan (th)ou wilt spende (th)erof make it
thynne with wyne.
Forme of Cury

1 C brown mustard made with white wine
1/2 C honey
1/4 C dry white wine
1.  In a bowl, stir together mustard and honey.
2.  Stir in wine until sauce reaches a desirable consistency.

Yields one and three-quarters cups of sauce.

Rudd Rayfield