SC - Need help with "Compost"

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sat Oct 2 20:22:00 PDT 1999

"Brian L. Rygg or Laura Barbee-Rygg" wrote:

> Not all Greek wine is resinated.  They make a loverly sweet dessert wine
> called Mavrodavne (sp?).  I think this is what they are calling for in the
> compost for a sweet and sour effect.

Possibly. True, not all Greek wine is resinated; the opinion that this
is what was meant might simply come from the fact that retsina is what a
lot of people think of in connection with distinctlively Greek wines --
I think it was Constance Hieatt, among others, who mentioned retsina as
a possibility. I just said it was a possibility, but also that I used a
heavy, sweet white wine.

On the other hand, I don't know that any particular wine would be needed
over another to create a sweet-sour effect, since the recipe already
contains honey and vinegar. It's going to be sweet and sour regardless.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com