SC - Need help with "Compost"

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Sun Oct 3 06:49:38 PDT 1999

LrdRas at aol.com wrote:

> As with many plants in the garden, other parts of parsley root may be able to
> be used for food but why bother when there are varieties that are better
> suited to the purpose? Certainly, worrying about the loss of secondary parts
> should not be a factor when harvesting the root.

I'll buy that for a sesterce. My point was that the objection that using
the root of parsley prevented the gardener from getting leaves after
harvest of the root, while true, doesn't make much difference and isn't
especially valid as a reason why one shouldn't use parsley root in the
compost recipe.

Interesting, though, to learn that parsley, from a botanical
perspective, is not an herb...

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy