SC - Guinea Pig

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Mon Oct 4 17:45:41 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/4/99 11:42:02 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
macdairi at hotmail.com writes:

<< Now are you talking about cavies or guinea pigs here? >>

Guinea pigs a 'cavies'. We tend to differentiate the larger species from the
smaller with specific names such as 'guinea Pig' for the smaller species and
'cavy' for the larger species.

BTW, Abyssinia? Guinea pigs are native to Peru basically. Are you confusing
them with hamsters (which I have no recipes for. :-( )?

Ras