SC - Cameline Sauce

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 12 22:45:01 PDT 1999

Seumas asked:
> I note cameline sauce used for lamb. Any opinions concerning it with
> goat? Or any period recipes/sauces specifically for goat (as opposed to
> generic meat). I was offered a goat for a feast in December. I will
> probably be roasting it in an outdoor firepit.

You didn't mention whether you are getting the goat alive or already
cut into pieces. If the former, perhaps this file in the ANIMALS
section of my Florilegium might be of interest:
butch-goat-art    (16K)  7/14/98    "Butchering a Live Goat, for (and by)
                                       Beginners" by Charles McCathieNevile.

There is also this small file in the FOOD section, although I also believe
there are some recipes that say "for goat or lamb" that I have put in the
lamb-mutton-msg file.
goat-msg          (12K)  5/ 4/99    Period goat dishes. Cooking goat. Recipes.

I'm not sure about the answer to your sauce question, but this file might
have some useful recipes or information:
sauces-msg        (73K)  5/ 4/99    Period sauces. Sauce recipes.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****