SC - Help in getting to plan medieval luncheon for thecollege union

Bonne of Traquair oftraquair at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 10:23:03 PDT 1999

>He is pretty much leaving it up to me which is a complement as he is a
>graduate of CIA.

The CIA's current standard textbook (The New Professional Chef (TM)  by Mary
Deirdre Donovan (Editor), Culinary Institute of America (c), Ferdinand E.
Metz) includes "Fabulous Feasts" in an appendix of references for different
sorts of cooking. I hope not too many of their students actually begin
research on the subject with that text!
I've been meaning to write and recommend something like Redon's "The
Medieval Kitchen" , and if that's not the right combination of author and
title, please understand I would have double checked before writing the
school!  It's as available as the other, easy to read and the recipes are
much more reasonably adapted, not to mention documented!

Bonne