SC - chard

kylie walker kyliewalker at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 19 01:27:14 PDT 1999

Lorix wrote:
>Might it be known by another name (ie what would supermarkets sell it as),
>cause I've looked and cannot find, although I have found several varieties
>of beet?

It's called silverbeet here - I had one of those end-of-the-working-day
mental blanks and couldn't remember whether I knew the name as chard from
here or from when I lived in England. Resorted to the Oxford Concise
Australian Dictionary, which says it is called silverbeet, but also known as
seakale beet, which I've never heard of. Hope that helps.

Kylie