SC - Another Chard Name

HICKS, MELISSA HICKS_M at casa.gov.au
Thu Oct 21 16:03:12 PDT 1999

Lorix & Kylie,

Hate to do this to you guys, but Silverbeet is NOT Swiss Chard.  Very
similar but not the same plant. We cannot buy Swiss Chard in Canberra but
Drake has eaten it in England.   I've been trying to badger Drake into
telling me exactly what the differences are.  I'll post when I hear further.

And yes, like Cairistiona, I have seen Silverbeet called Spinach.  And yes
we do eat English spinach in preference to Silverbeet - English Spinach is
nowhere near as bitter.

	Mel.