SC - Nanna's Danish Cookbook

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Fri Oct 22 17:11:46 PDT 1999

Huette wrote:
>Is this book you mention recently published?  What
>language is it written in?  Could you give the
>publisher and ISBN number for this book, if it is a
>recent publication?

It is in Danish, with recipes in original languages, published by Gyldendal
in 1999 - the ISBN is 97-00-37304-4. It has recipes from the following
sources: The Harpestreng manuscript (Danish version); the 1616 Danish Koge
Bog; a cookbook in Danish by Anna Weckerin, published in 1648 (probably a
translation of the German book); Forme of Cury; and one or two recipes from
each of the following sources: Das buch von guter speise; Koch und
Kellermeisterey; Kookboek (Dutch, 1510); Pleyn Delit; To the King´s Taste;
An Ordinance of Pottage; Taillevent; and one previously unpublished Danish
recipe dating from before 1552.

All recipes have been worked out/redacted from originals by the authors
(both are archaelogists and gastronomes); I compared those taken from Pleyn
Delit and they are not translations of Hieatt´s work or anything like that.

BTW, I missed some of the recent discussion on beets/beetrots and have
deleted some of the posts so I´m not really sure what the issue was but if
anyone is interested, there is a recipe for pickled beetrots in the Danish
Koge Bog.

Nanna