SC - Russian dishes

Richard Keith keith.78 at osu.edu
Sun Oct 24 07:25:10 PDT 1999

- --=====================_435707974==_.ALT

 Stephan Said

So, unlike Italy
for instance, some of the sources technically out of our period of study may
still be valid.

His Grace said

>Middle Ages didn't end in what sense? Politics, economics, food,
>literature, religion? There is no reason to assume that those go together.

I must agree with His Grace that all things did not change equally or
toghether.  If one is looking at A rein such as Peter the Great, I would have
to say his cooking etc was much more Westernized.  That was one of Peter's
Goal.  However, I doubt that the average pesant ate any differently that they
had for many  a century.  As one approached a large metropolitan city with
more trade things would change faster.    This is true of most cultures.  I
feel that in Russia, the delay was much more evident.

Frederich

- --=====================_435707974==_.ALT

So, unlike Italy<br>
for instance, some of the sources technically out of our period of study
may still be valid.<br>
His Grace said<br>
>Middle Ages didn't end in what sense? Politics, economics,
food,<br>
>literature, religion? There is no reason to assume that those go
together.<br>
I must agree with His Grace that all things did not change equally or
toghether.  If one is looking at A rein such as Peter the Great, I
would have to say his cooking etc was much more Westernized.  That
was one of Peter's Goal.  However, I doubt that the average pesant
ate any differently that they had for many  a century.  As one
approached a large metropolitan city with  more trade things would
change faster.    This is true of most cultures.  I
feel that in Russia, the delay was much more evident.<br>
Frederich<br>