SC - Recommended Books

Huette von Ahrens ahrenshav at yahoo.com
Thu Oct 28 17:20:14 PDT 1999

The recommended Platina is the Milham edition.

Here is the pertinent data:

ISBN 1889818127 (alk. paper)
Platina, 1421-1481.
[De honesta voluptate. English]
Platina's On right pleasure and good health : based
upon the critical edition and translation of De
honesta voluptate et valetudine / by Mary Ella Milham.
    Asheville, NC : Pegasus Press, 1999.

Terence Scully is publishing a new book, due out in
November, called "The Neopolitan recipe collection".
I have only seen blurbs about this, however, I would
recommend anything that Scully has written/edited.

Here is the pertinent data:

ISBN 0472109723 (cloth : alk. paper)
[Cuoco napoletano.]
  The Neapolitan recipe collection : (New York,
Pierpont Morgan Library, MS Bèuhler, 19) : a critical
edition and English translation / by Terence Scully ;
initially with the collaboration of Rudolf Grewe.  Ann
Arbor, Mich. : University of Michigan Press,1999.

Huette