SC - Liber Cure Cocorum: I.L.L. Follies of 1999 (long)

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 29 19:11:16 PDT 1999

Huette von Ahrens wrote:

> and the British Museum Library has a microfilmed copy.
>
> It might have been easier to get the British Museum to
> print off the pages from their microfilmed copy.

It might have been; it didn't show up in the particular database I
looked in. At least this way I got to hold the book in my hands, read it
through, and as of now have half of it copied. I expect the other pages
to be scanned by Tuesday or Wednesday.

> As for the Furnivall, this is the most recent edition:
>
> Furnivall, Frederick James, 1825-1910, ed.
>   Early English meals and manners: John Russell's Boke
> of nurture, Wynkyn de    Worde's Boke of keruynge, The
> boke of curtasye, R. Weste's Booke of demeanor,
> Seager's Schoole of vertue, The babees book,
> Aristotle's A B C, Urbanitatis, Stans puer ad mensam,
> The lytille childrenes lytil boke, For to serve a
> lord,  Old Symon, The birched school-boy, &c. With
> some forewords on education in early England. Edited
> by Frederick J. Furnivall. London, N. Trèubner, 1868.
>   Detroit, Singing Tree Press, 1969.
>     c, 388, xvi p. illus. 22 cm.
>
> There seem to be four different editions available:
> 1868, 1898, 1931 and 1969.

Cool! Thanks! As I say, this one is, I think, available in yet another
facsimile reprint, from the Early English Text Society. I may do it that
way, but I'll probably hold off on any major book purchases until after
the closing on the new place. I'm too young to die, grey beard notwithstanding.

> Anyway, if you ever need a book looked up and where to
> find it, I will be only too happy to do so for you.

Thanks! I appreciate that; I'm becoming something of a
close-to-primary-source nut in my <ahem> old age.

Adamantius, mere infant
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com