SC - Need help with "Compost"

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Fri Oct 1 22:58:26 PDT 1999

>> Last question, it appears this is a "have it around just in case" dish; would it
>> have been served at dinner?
>
>It's hard to say, but most of the rest of the dishes in the FoC seem to
>have been considered feast-day dinner fare. On the other hand, it is
>excellent with cold ham, so you decide.
>
>Adamantius

Is there a modern adaptation to this recipe someplace? It struck me as being
something like a cooked slaw, kinda sweet, kinda tangy. And I'm ever vigilant
for vegetable dishes to try out.

As it turns out, tomorrow I and two friends are heading to the U Pick field
again and I can get all but the parsley root there. How big are parsley roots
anyway? And why would you be eating the roots when the greens are the parts most
often used? Eating the roots means you aren't going to get any more greens out
of that plant.

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL