SC - lasagne

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 3 19:46:19 PDT 1999

Hello!  I too have wondered about the lozeyns/lozenge connection.  This is
partly due to a PPC I read several years ago at my sister's place (think the
issue would be about 20 years old?) that had a recipe for lauzinaj, a period
Islamic sweetmeat which from memory was required to be cut in diamond
shapes.  Unfortunately this was one of the recipes residing on my hard drive
when my laptop blew its brains out, so I have it no longer.  Maybe someone
has access to the recipe so we can check it?

Cairistiona

PS.  For the terminally curious, the recipe basically consisted of ground
almonds and sugar (equal quantities I think), held together with rose water,
rolled out flattish and cut into diamond shapes.