SC - Spanish salmon recipe (was: Spanish noodles)

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 06:32:41 PDT 1999

>At 9:25 PM -0500 10/3/99, Stefan li Rous wrote:
> >Elizabeth gave her redaction of a Salmon recipe:
> >Thank you, both Brighid and Elizabeth. One question though on this
> >redaction. Why *1.9* pounds of salmon? This seems like an awlfully
> >exact measurement. Is this what you just happened to have on hand?
> >And fifteen threads of saffron? Seems like a lot. Or do you Elizabeth
> >like saffron as much as Cariadoc seems to dislike it?
>
>1.9 pounds is what I happened to buy; since they sell it by weight, the
>label gave the exact weight and I recorded it. That's enough salmon so that
>15 threads of saffron isn't a huge quantity to use with it.

Elizabeth,

An idea crawled into the back of my head while reading this.  Maybe
the saffron wasn't for taste, but for display.  A show of prosperity
that they can put 15 threads of saffron in a single dish.  Of, course
that's assuming the orchid is as hard to grow as it is today...and as
expensive.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"