SC - Miscellaneous Items

alysk at ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Tue Oct 5 17:51:45 PDT 1999

Greetings!  Two folk questioned some things that might have appeared in Petits Propos
Culinaires articles.  One was losenges and another was Charles Perry's possible refutation
of the etymology of the word.  IIRC, the PPC website has an index for past articles, so
you might be able to search for specific items.  If you didn't bookmark their website earlier,
it is http://members.tripod.com/rdeh.  Sorry for not looking up the articles in my backlog
of PPCs.  I've been a bit pressed for time -- teaching 6 classes instead of the contractual
5, leaving for work at 6 am, grading papers until 8 pm...  Yeah, and teachers get the whole
summer off too!  ;-)

Also, think good thoughts and/or say a prayer for me on Thursday.  I get cataract surgery
and I'm a bit nervous about the outcome.

Alys Katharine