SC - Ramp/Wild Onion - a description

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Fri Oct 8 19:22:48 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/8/99 5:42:17 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
rhiannon at madcelt.com writes:

<< I have some small plants, 6 to 10 inches long from root to tip,
 with round, chive like stems. Its growth habit is to form tufts or mounds --
 all ours are about 4 to 5 inches in diameter.  Just above the root is a bulb
 the size and color of those bottled cocktail onions.  They are strong but
 pleasant smelling.  So is this ramp or is it a wild onion?   >>

Sounds like chives to me. Definitely NOT ramps by the description.

Ras