SC -lavendar harvest

Karen O kareno at lewistown.net
Sun Oct 10 17:20:28 PDT 1999

        I let my lavendar plants  (all 5 of them) go to seed instead of
harvesting the blooms in the summer months.  However, now I am wondering if
I should harvest some of the leaves/sprigs to dry.  I find nothing in my
*one*  herbal book  (culpeppers)  about the use for the leaves, yet they are
also very aromatic.  And from whence does the  "essential oils" come from?
The flowers as well?

Thank you all so much . . .

Caointiarn