SC -lavendar harvest

Stefan li Rous stefan at texas.net
Tue Oct 12 21:44:17 PDT 1999

Caointiarn said:
> >The Good Lord Stefan suggested:
> >You might want to look at this file in the PLANTS, HERBS AND SPICES section
> of my Florilegium. <
>
>     Yes, that was my second search after posting to the Cooks' List.  I will
> also be looking about  *how*  to extract the essential oils from the leaves
> . . . .maybe  . . . .or is that considered  "distilling?" and gonna get me
> in trouble with the  "revenooers?"

Perhaps this file in the BEVERAGES section might be of use then. I believe
the basic principles are the same. Also some of the period referances mentioned
there might be of interest:
bev-distilled-msg (48K)  1/27/99    Medieval distilled beverages. Distilling.

>     Thank you so much, Stefan.

You're welcome. Glad to know that the Florilegum might be of use and
that you had already thought to look there.

- --
Mark S. Harris             Austin, Texas           stefan at texas.net
**** See Stefan's Florilegium files at:
         http://lg_photo.home.texas.net/florilegium/index.html ****