SC - Help in getting to plan medieval luncheon for the college union

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 13 04:48:07 PDT 1999

Greetings,

The local chief was so impressed with what we made for own event last summer
that he invited us back to do a feast for the college.  He wants me to come
up with menu ideas that are fun, easy to do and impressive.  Or course he is
looking at some non period concessions such as turkey legs, coffee tea etc.

We do not have to do the cooking as his staff will do it.

He also wants music, banners perhaps a demo or two.  His theme is sort or
medieval barbarian?

Some of my own thoughts
Wassail or similar punch
Serkunjamin (SP)
Lombard or Icelandic chickens
Norman ravelloies with grated cheese and butter
perhaps a pea pottage
perhaps roasted suckling pigs
various veggies
Venison dish (he told me don't worry about cost, he will get whatever we want)
fried oranges and pine nut candies for dessert
Some sort of stew served in bread bowls.

I am not sure of the size yet, but I am certain that its at least over a
hundred.

Thanks for any ideas in advance

I tried to talk him into Cindy's Cockatrice recipe and he thought that was a
bit too far.

Frederich