High Table Policy (was Re: SC - A Winter food)

LrdRas at aol.com LrdRas at aol.com
Thu Oct 14 07:06:36 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/14/99 8:48:33 AM Eastern Daylight Time, njs at mccalla.com
writes:

<< Could you direct me to the policy you mention?  It seems reasonable, and I
want to make it available to the cooks in our little section of the world
here in GA.  >>

Actually, I can't. I recalled reading about it. I thought it was on this list
but as Adamantius pointed out it may have been on the East Kingdom's list and
it was possibly conjecture by wanna be lawyers presenting living room
theories about not for profit law.

I have poured over the Corpora and found nothing that would even come close
to such a policy. I think Adamantius was correct in stating that it was a
spinoff of the alcohol policy issue and most likely had no basis in reality.

Personally, I advocate serving High Table in the manner that visiting Royals
should be served. I am preparing a special entrement for high table at
Weekend of Wisdom and several additional special dishes. Since all of the
materials for those dishes have been donated, I am not going to loose sleep
over the whole thing.

My suggestion would be to continue doing things as they have been done,
forget the subject was brought up and be prepared to say oops! If anyone
points out any real regulations about the matter.

Ras