SC - Has anyone ever encountered...

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Fri Oct 15 04:41:23 PDT 1999

Terri Millette wrote:

> In my current stack of things about which I've been meaning to canvass
> opinions and info from youse guys, I am wondering if anyone else has
> ever run across, heard of, seen, or otherwise had enter their personal universe:
>
> A) A [probably South] German ravioli-like dumpling known in English as a
> pig's ear, filled with some kind of curd cheese, and served with melted butter,
>
> No, no, pigs ears are just that, and brown and crunchy  and the dog
> gets them :>) but he and I would love your version too, hope some one
> finds it
> Fiona

This is something my late father used to speak of as something his
mother used to cook when he was a child. I have a pretty fair idea of
how they're prepared. I'm just looking for some kind of evidence
suggesting whether they're a traditional food somewhere, or just
something my grandma made up.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy