SC - "London Eats Out" Exhibit

Ann & Les Shelton sheltons at conterra.com
Fri Oct 15 16:24:13 PDT 1999

I came across this advertisement today {see below}.  Could someone in
the UK check this out?  I'm not sure how much of it would be relevant to
our time period, but I'd still love to see this exhibit.

John le Burguillun
Nottinghill Coill, Atlantia

November 7 & 14, London Eats Out, London, England

What did people feast on in London's streets 500 years ago?  Now's your
chance to learn, through two classes held in conjunction with "London
Eats Out," a show about the city's dining-out history at the Museum of
London.  The classes will cover festive foods - potted meats, mince
pies, syllabub - through demonstrations and hands-on cooking sessions.
The exhibit itself, a fascinating survey of restaurants and take-out
foods (long a vital part of life for the masses, who often had no
kitchens at home), will include such treasures as the Epicure's
Almanack, published in 1815 with 359 addresses, and a currant bun baked
in 1820 for the accession of George IV.  Information: 44/171/600 3699.