SC - chard

WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com WOLFMOMSCA at aol.com
Tue Oct 19 05:59:00 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/19/99 2:46:43 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
lorix at trump.net.au writes:

<< Might it be known by another name (ie what would supermarkets sell it as),
cause
 I've looked and cannot find, although I have found several varieties of beet?

It's a winter crop, usually.  You'll find it with the "greens" (i.e., turnip,
beet, & field).  It may be labeled as a field green, in which case you've got
to know what it looks like in order to pick it out from the other generic
field greens.  It's also called just chard, or Swiss chard, depending on your
place of residence.

Walk in peace,
Wolfmom