SC - Millennium Feast

Kari Kuelzer kari at andthenwhat.com
Tue Oct 19 16:40:48 PDT 1999

- ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01BF1A50.B2941BE0

Hi,=20
My name is Kari Kuelzer and I just joined this list when I came across =
it while researching a menu for a Millennium party. I am planning to =
serve courses throughout the evening from the year 1000 A.D. and the =
year 1900, (or there abouts). I am finding a lot of recipes from the =
middle ages, but not getting a lot of insight into whether or not some =
of them would have been eaten in 1000 A.D.
I'm not a history expert, so I am only guessing that I should look for =
Norman or Viking foods, Macedonian foods, Native American foods.=20
Does anyone have any insight into a good reference. Or, if anyone has =
knowledge of this era in any particular culture and has any menu ideas, =
I would appreciate help! I am an adventurous cook, and am very excited =
about this project, but I am also pleased to have found such an =
interesting mailing list!

Best,
Kari=20

- ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01BF1A50.B2941BE0

<HTML>
<HEAD>

http-equiv=3DContent-Type>
</HEAD>
<BODY bgColor=3D#ffffff>
<DIV><FONT color=3D#000000 size=3D2>Hi, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>My name is Kari Kuelzer and I just joined this list =
when I=20
came across it while researching a menu for a Millennium party. I am =
planning to=20
serve courses throughout the evening from the year 1000 A.D. and the =
year 1900,=20
(or there abouts). I am finding a lot of recipes from the middle ages, =
but not=20
getting a lot of insight into whether or not some of them would have =
been eaten=20
in 1000 A.D.</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>I'm not a history expert, so I am only guessing that =
I should=20
look for Norman or Viking foods, Macedonian foods, Native American =
foods.=20
</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Does anyone have any insight into a good reference. =
Or, if=20
anyone has knowledge of this era in any particular culture and has any =
menu=20
ideas, I would appreciate help! I am an adventurous cook, and am very =
excited=20
about this project, but I am also pleased to have found such an =
interesting=20
mailing list!</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2></FONT> </DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Best,</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT size=3D2>Kari </FONT></DIV></BODY></HTML>

- ------=_NextPart_000_0025_01BF1A50.B2941BE0--