SC - distillation

Christina van Tets cjvt at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 21 10:10:25 PDT 1999

Hello again!

As I understand it, the legislation regarding distillation is not to insist
on high taxes or anything like that for highly alcoholic substances, it is
that when you distil, you don't just distil the alcohol, you also distil the
toxins, and there is no way (AFAIK) to know just what quantity of toxins you
are imbibing when you drink home-distilled stuff.  My feeling is that it may
be fun to do, but health-wise, it's just not worth it.

Cairistiona