Subject: SC - Something other than Hungarian and beets.

Michael F. Gunter michael.gunter at fnc.fujitsu.com
Fri Oct 22 07:37:09 PDT 1999

> The one cookbook we do have is one Cariadoc had in early versions of
> his collection, but since it's a translation into English from the
> translation into modern Portuguese of the original
> fifteenth-century document, it's madly frustrating to use: very
> modernised, and no differentiation between original text and
> translator's notes.
>
> Cindy sent me a copy of the cookbook (it's quite short);
> I've just sent another copy to Melissa in Australia, and she's going
> to scan it and convert to a text file, so perhaps she could let you
> have a copy of that...?  (Mel, are you listening...?)
>
> in service,
> Jehanne

That would be wonderful since I don't have anything for Portuguese
or Dutch to work with. I was going to make some educated guesses
from Andelusian and some of the later period Germanic or Nordic
cookbooks. I would probably have to go to some modern recipes
out of desperation.

I'm looking for basic munchie foods that can sit for a long time. You
know, basic vigil stuff.

Gunthar