SC - Beets redux...

Laura C. Minnick lcm at efn.org
Sun Oct 24 20:47:04 PDT 1999

Hi y'all! (from Southern An Tir, of course...)

I have (I think) a new and interesting beet question...

	I was in the grocery Friday afternoon, looking for produce to take as a
gift from Queen Carmen to her Royal Cousins, Their Highnesses of the
Summits. And I found (and bought) some of the prettiest but strangest
beets I've ever seen. Near the tops they were a very warm gold, which
deepened to a rosy light orange-red at the tip of the root. The greens
were a light green. They reminded me very much of a glorious sunrise. I
didn't cut one open, but I'll bet it was orange inside. Any ideas what
kind of beet these were? The high-school kid stacking lettuce didn't
know. "I duuno. They're just beets." was all I could get out of him. I
might go buy more, they were so pretty...

cranky because I had to come home...

'Lainie