SC - distillation

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Tue Oct 26 03:25:44 PDT 1999

"HICKS, MELISSA" wrote:

> Korrin,
>
> How do you actually introduce this into your alcohol?  I thought this
> disease was transmitted via body parts (meat, brain, nerve endings etc).
> When would they be introduced into alcohol production.

Well, that's kinda the thing, isn't it? I think that by now, though, the
topic under discussion may have strayed from "What could get into your
beer or wine that could kill you?" to "What, if introduced into your
beer or wine, could be deadly?"

I have this vision of a large Hanta-infected rodent mashing an
11th-century English ale (such ales, I'm told, being unboiled) in a
lead-laced pitched vat, and accidentally dropping his portion of Mad Cow
Diseased Cow Brain Tartare into it. Oops!!!

Hey, I _did_ ask, didn't I?

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy