SC - Recipe 4-Weekend of Wisdom

Jennifer Rushman rushmaj at basf-corp.com
Wed Oct 27 06:38:52 PDT 1999

Ras wrote (edited):
 WHITE LEEK BRUET
Copyright 1999 L. J. Spencer, Jr.
>From Du Fait de Cuisine. Translated by Elizabeth Cook
Makes 8 servings
2 Leeks, white part only
1/4 lb. Salt pork, sliced thinly
1 cp. blanched Almonds, ground finely
Good broth (See Note)
Salt, to taste
1 cp. Almonds
1 cp. Water
- ------------
     I wondered what the note was for the 'good broth' and approx. how much did
you use?

     How are the '1 cp. Almonds' prepared? Toasted? Skinned? Slivered? Sliced?
Coarsely chopped? Whole?

     Overall this recipe sounds a lot like a leek and pork soup garnished with
almonds.  Is this what you achieved?  If this was cooked down a lot it would be
more like leeks, pork and almonds as a thicker 'pottage'. I can't tell from
reading the recipe alone. Could you please share a little more insight?  I'm
really quite intrigued by this dish and would like to try making it some time
soon.
     Thanks, CH
- ---
Lady Clare Hele
Barony of Windmaster's Hill                   Nemo est bellus
Kingdom of Atlantia                      nisi qui amavit.

Jennifer Lynn Rushman
BASF Corp. RTP, NC                       Omnia Probate