SC - Cooking for 2 at war?

Schumacher, Deborah (AZ15) Deborah.Schumacher at iac.honeywell.com
Wed Oct 27 07:15:09 PDT 1999

	War is coming, Sooner then it seems . A mere three months and a
couple of weeks till Estrella. So my mind has drifted thinking of it.  My
family is rather small, just my lord and I, and not being affiliated with
any household or major group down here , we generally camp as a party of two
with me doing all the cooking. I'll admit I have grand intentions of doing
period foods , but sometimes I fail and end up doing a more  modern beef
stew or such. (Ok yes its canned Dinty Moore, Do I have to do penance in the
cathedral?)  Now he's a good sport about it, Teases me about poisoning him
with potatoes and eats happily.
	But as war is down the way a bit I'm weighing my options.  Anyone
have suggestions for cooking for a mere 2 ppl at war, in a period fashion
over a propane grill (no fire pit) ? Keep in mind, at least a night or two
it has to be something rather easy as I tend to work troll  for a shift or
two and he goes off dancing.
	The other option we have had is to buy into a war kitchen that is
coming down from An Tir. It sounds like an ok deal , the people seem nice,
but its 100. a head for the week, and we would either have to go off site
for the first night or  bring the grill etc to cook that first night ( We
arrive onsite the night before to do pre-reg)
	So any helpful suggestions? Do we fork out the cash for convenience?
Cook mundanely? Or is there an easy way to do this in a period fashion?
	Just looking for a few good opinions.
	Zoe Valonin

(Who was born in 1975 and seems to be the baby of the group so far)