SC - Recipe 4-Weekend of Wisdom

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 28 06:04:52 PDT 1999

>In a message dated 10/26/99 9:48:57 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
>Seton1355 at aol.com writes:
>
><< Why was salt pork used over fresh pork? >>
>
>Because the recipe specifically called for it's inclusion.
>
>Ras

Besides what Ras just said, I tried the recipe at home (yes already)
and subbed in some fresh pork and it doesn't work nearly as well
as the salt pork does with the leeks and almonds.

Just one word of advice, get your salt pork WITHOUT the rind, it'll save you
a lot of time, escpecially when you forget to bring a sharp knife and the
site has some of the dullest steel in a 20 mile radius.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"