SC - Good Broth

Kerri Canepa kerric at pobox.alaska.net
Thu Oct 28 11:14:54 PDT 1999

Greetings all,

>>      I wondered what the note was for the 'good broth' and approx. how
>>much did
>>you use?
>
>Good beef broth, and used enough to make the desired amount, I can't
>remember exactly...enough to add flavor and still be able to taste
>the leeks, really.

This brings up a question I have. How was broth made? And from what?

My guess is that broth is the cooking water used to boil beef and pork (mutton,
too?) before it was roasted. What I don't know is what, if anything, was added
to that water to make it broth.

I haven't run across too many recipes that call for having chickens or other
fowl boiled in water where the water isn't used in the same recipe.

Searching for enlightenment,

Kerri
Cedrin Etainnighean, OL