SC - Re: Liber Cure Cocorum

alysk at ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 31 09:04:45 PST 1999

Greetings.  I missed the beginning of this thread, but I have a copy in my house
in a book dating from 1864, _Philological Society's Transactions_.  Said book also
contains "The Pricke of Conscience",a Northumbrian poem by Richard Rolle, and "Castel
Off Loue" (Chasteau d'Amour), an early English translation by Robert Gresseteste, Bishop of
London.  Found the book (at Pennsic, IIRC) for $35.

What recipe were you looking for?  Also, the introduction to this says that it is
printed from a "transcript of the Sloan MS 1986, where it occurs as an appendix to the
'Boke of Curtasye'.  It is written in a Northern dialect of the SVth century, probably
not much earlier than the time of Henry VI."

Alys Katharine