SC - Re: Liber Cure Cocorum

alysk at ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 31 12:27:51 PST 1999

I own a copy of _Liber Cure Cocorum_.  It is in the Philological Society's Early English
Volume, 1862-4 and was printed in London in 1865.  Found it (IIRC) at Pennsic at either
Esmeralda's books or the Armoury.  Cost all of $35.

The "Liber" that I have was "copied and edited from the Sloan MS. 1986 by Richar Morris.
It is mentioned that it dates from around 1440 and is written in a Northern dialect.  The
preface written by Morris includes Northumbrian dialect words and says "From internal
evidence it would seem that the author of this poem was a native of North-West Lancashire..."

Was there a particular item you were looking for?  Is my book and the library's copy the
same?  I could see about copying pp 35 and on, although the pages are beginning to fall
out of the book.

Alys Katharine