SC - wafers

ChannonM at aol.com ChannonM at aol.com
Fri Oct 1 05:15:58 PDT 1999

In a message dated 10/1/99 5:08:32 AM Eastern Daylight Time, troy at asan.com
writes:

<< You can get inexpensive little shaved-wood hat-box shaped (i.e. round)
 boxes, as small as two or three inches across, at some fabric/craft
 stores, maybe a five-and-dime if such places still exist. These can be
 covered with fabric and otherwise decorated, or even painted with your
 baronial arms, etc., and are a good way of serving candied spices. I've
 bought enough of these for one per table at feasts, and they cost maybe
 a dollar a pop, and  I didn't worry if people took them home as little
 souvenirs of the event.  >>

I did a similar thing with the same idea, only I cheaped out and used
jewellery boxes that I picked up at the local sally ann,and other various
places. I cleaned them with a bleach solution, then lined them with foil
(silver leaf?).

I had problems getting my confits to be large. I used aniseed, coriander,
ginger. but it must have taken a lifetime of dipping in the sugar syrup to
get them much bigger than their original size.
Anyone have any input here?

Hauviette