SC - Re: Digest 1674

Marian Deborah Rosenberg Marian.Deborah.Rosenberg at washcoll.edu
Mon Oct 4 21:50:31 PDT 1999

Date: Mon, 04 Oct 1999 02:43:22 EDT
From: Korrin S DaArdain <korrin.daardain at juno.com>
Subject: Re: SC - OOP Question

>  Anybody have any interesting suggestions of what I can do with this
>glop?

Cuskynoles!?!

- ---
<bites lip>  <tries very hard not to giggle> I'm not -even- going to go there.
- ---

Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 22:46:26 +0000
From: "Terri Millette" <wayspiff at ici.net>

  Anybody have any interesting suggestions of what I can do with this glop?
(Other than eating it straight out of the tupperware with a spoon--yum.)

Well, that doesn't sound like too bad an idea, but if you really feel
you have to do something, wrap it in pastry dough, and bake until
your dough is turning golden , little turnover type stuff

- ---
That sounds promising.
- ---

From: "Robin Carroll-Mann" <harper at idt.net>

And it came to pass on 3 Oct 99,, that Marian Deborah Rosenberg wrote:

>   Anybody have any interesting suggestions of what I can do with this
>   glop?

A food mill -- the device you are remembering -- is only a strainer with
an attached flat blade to push the food through the holes, which breaks
up the soft pulp and keeps out the unwanted things like skin and whole
spices.  In its absence, you could probably do what medieval cooks did,
and press the fruit through a strainer with a broad spoon.  I'd
recommend the wire mesh kind, but a colander would probably work,
too.  It's something that you probably have already in your current
kitchen, and if you don't, it's a useful, multi-purpose item.

- ---
My colander is plastic, and I've already tried pushing the glop through.  Too
much effort for too little result and while it was kind of fun to have my hands
in the stuff when it was warm and it is still nice licking off my fingers, it
feels slimy when cold.

As for items in my current kitchen, this is college student eclectic.  My
parents sent along things that they had spares of (tupperwares and cheap pots
and pans), and I went thrift store shopping.  Thus, I have full china service
for 8 (saucers, cups, plates, bowls, a serving plate, cream pitcher, and sugar
bowl for $12!) but still (cause I keep forgetting to buy it) no sugar, a jello
mould but no jello, a spice rack but no pie pans . . . the necessary things
that are so easy to forget!  Like that wire mesh thing for hanging potatoes and
onions in.  Barely any knives at all and no cast iron.  And no measuring cup or
spoons (haven't done anything that needed them yet).  Oh yeah, and I still
don't have any furniture either (other than the bookshelf), and am sleeping on
an air mattress but that isn't half as important as the kitchen.

So nice having a kitchen all my own . . . I'm so happy!  Got a wonderful gas
stove, I even made my first soup stock ever yesterday!

Anybody got a good dumpling recipe?
- ---

In a message dated 10/3/1999 5:04:21 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
   Anybody have any interesting suggestions of what I can do with this glop?
 (Other than eating it straight out of the tupperware with a spoon--yum.)

Try the Double Apple Kugel from this site:
 "http://www.cyber-kitchen.com/rfcj/category.cgi?category=KUGELS

- ---
thank you Mordonna.
- ---