SC - Guinea Pig

Liam Fisher macdairi at hotmail.com
Tue Oct 5 06:39:28 PDT 1999

>Guinea pigs a 'cavies'. We tend to differentiate the larger species >from
>the smaller with specific names such as 'guinea Pig' for the >smaller
>species and 'cavy' for the larger species.

Okay, I was making sure.  I'd much rather eat a cavy.

>BTW, Abyssinia? Guinea pigs are native to Peru basically. Are you
> >confusing them with hamsters (which I have no recipes for. :-( )?

Nope, the long haired, rosetted guinea pigs breed is referred to as
Abyssinians.  Dunno why, since they're from Mexico.  I used to raise them
when I was a kid.

Cadoc
Cadoc MacDairi, Mountain Confederation, ACG

" The autumn air thickly fills my lungs so sweetly
  Reminds me of her smoky breath with wine
  And this boquet of maple and oak leaves..."

            Type O Negative -- "Creepy Green Light"