SC - Brewers and Vinters needed tasters too.

Tollhase1 at aol.com Tollhase1 at aol.com
Wed Oct 6 05:34:38 PDT 1999

Greetings Good Gentles of the cooking lists,

Our shire will be have a feast some time in the spring (probably late April)
entitled, The "Torture of Og."  As some of you may remember "Og on Alcohol"
from the Pennsic Daily News, the theme is based upon Alcohol.  As it is a dry
site, its the "Torture of OG."  We are looking for people whom would like to
demonstrate the making of wines, beer etc.  Perhaps even a how to judge
beers, class.  Any Volunteers welcomed.  Last summer, we had Stephan from
Gwentarian come and demonstrate Beer Making.  Very Good.  At Pennsic we were
able to drink what he started then.  Hope He makes it again.

We are located in Mansfield Ohio.  The Local college although somewhat dry,
will allow us these classes.  I believe the dean attended the class we had
last time.

Please note, the Shire will not be serving alcohol or buying alcohol.  Any
alcohol consumption  would be part of an EDUCATIONAL class. (judging/ or how
to judge)

I have the pleasure of sharing the Feastacrate duties with Lady Morag Shannan
nic Fraiser.  She is our new MOAS, and is still lacking the self confidence
to do by herself.

Foodwise, we will probably be having the Hunters stew as we have been
fortunate enough to acquire bear and venison to be served in bread trenchers.
 Additionally, we may be roasting a boar (OK big piggy).  We plan on serving
various veggie side dishes.  We may begin the meal with various period
cheeses and fruits.  Not as a course, but just sitting on the table.  One
good lady in our shire has period candy recipes that be dessert, or at least
part of it.  At this point, nothing is written in stone.

Cindy, as much as I liked your recipe, we will probably go with something
simpler.  Although I will probably try it with some of the meat for a cooking
guild meeting.

Lrd Ras, I believe that you had mentioned a documentation for the hunters
stew. I would love to have it.

Now to search out recipes and start redacting them, instead of the way I did
it last time.  While ideas are great, I will be going through our cookbooks
to find things.  Perhaps Our cooking guild will try them out with each of us
doing our own redaction's of the same recipe.  I really liked it when the
cooking camp, made the two duck sauces.  Both yummy, bothe different.

Frederich