SC - Food migration

Nanna Rögnvaldardóttir nannar at isholf.is
Wed Oct 6 17:16:39 PDT 1999

Elysant wrote:
>I know Nanna has expressed
>the view also that some of the dishes we in Wales have in common with
>Icelanders might have well just developed independently in parallel because
>of resource similarity etc. rather than to have  travelled from one of the
>two countries to the other.

And don´t forget that Mongolian mutton soup I told you about that is so
remarkably similar to the traditional Welsh and Icelandic soups - that one
at least must have developed independenly, ´cause the only mention of
Vikings anywhere near Mongolia that I can recall was in a rather weird
Hammond Innes novel I once had to read.

Nanna