SC - Food in high medieval theology (new book)

Ann Sasahara ariann at nmia.com
Sat Oct 9 08:34:03 PDT 1999

Greetings

I vaguely remember seeing some PBS special were they interviewed a Dr of
Theology from Boston College about her new book _The God of Thinness_. She
explained that in the MA, men could donate land, goods and money to the
Church in order to be seen as pious and good Christians.  Women only had
power (albeit limited) over their own bodies.  In order to be seen as
pious and good Christians, women fasted.  I probably saw this three yrs
ago.  Was this Carolin Walker Bynum or someone else?

putting the pieces together,

Ariann