SC - Cameline sauce from the 'Vivendier'

Philip & Susan Troy troy at asan.com
Wed Oct 13 04:19:36 PDT 1999

Stefan li Rous wrote:

> Adamantius notes:
> > Maybe the scribe was just really
> > a man, or lady, of taste, and decided that mastic would be better.
>
> Does this mean that you have tried the recipe both ways, with mastic,
> and with mace instead of mastic, and decided that you prefer the
> version with mastic?

No, I haven't tried it with mastic. I've tried it with mace, though,
I've eaten mastic in other foods, and suspect I'd prefer the version
with mace. I was joking, somewhat, and acknowledging that the sauce made
with mastic might be perfectly good. We have seen good evidence that it was.

Adamantius
- --
Phil & Susan Troy

troy at asan.com