SC - Has anyone ever encountered...

Nanna Rognvaldardottir nanna at idunn.is
Fri Oct 15 09:49:56 PDT 1999

Adamantius wrote:
>This Viennese Empire example sounds pretty likely, though, if it is a
>filled dumpling: my grandmother grew up in an ethnically German village
>in what is now Hungary, but at the time was deep in the heart of the
Austro-Hungarian Empire.

I have a Topfenknödel mit Zwetschkenröster here, with a photo, from an
Austrian cookbook with traditional recipes. This one is curd cheese and
cubed white bread, mixed with eggs, sugar, butter, vanilla sugar, lemon
juice, sour cream; formed into small dumplings and simmered in salted water,
then drained, rolled in breadcrumbs and fried in butter. Served with fried
plums.

Nanna