SC - Re: Period Shortbread Recipes

alysk at ix.netcom.com alysk at ix.netcom.com
Sun Oct 17 15:34:16 PDT 1999

Greetings.  I think we agreed (a few months ago?) that while there are "fine cakes" with
flour and butter, they also contain other ingredients such as milk, eggs, spices.  What we
think of as shortbread today is OOP. To me, a shortbread is basically butter, flour, sugar,
and a tad of salt.  Or, do you all think that "shortbread" can contain milk, eggs, and spices?
And, how _thick_ do you think shortbread should be?

Alys Katharine