SC - Millennium Feast

david friedman ddfr at best.com
Tue Oct 19 20:18:13 PDT 1999

The only surviving recipes from near 1000 A.D. that I know of are Islamic.
There is a surviving recipe collection that was compiled, if I remember
correctly, in the tenth century. It has not however been translated into
English, aside from a few recipes.

Aside from a few sources well before 1000, European cookbooks start around
the 13th century, and are common from the 14th and 15th centuries.

David/Cariadoc
http://www.best.com/~ddfr/